Wednesday 9 July 2014

Day 8: A Love Letter To My Pet Hate (Cars That Don't Indicate)


Dear Cars That Don’t Indicate

It’s been a couple of days, but I saw you again this morning. As usual, I wasn’t prepared to come face to face with you, and had to compose myself very quickly when I did.

You just have this thing, this way about you, that always takes me by complete surprise. Yes, I know you’ve never liked following rules are following the herd, but sometimes I think you choose another course just because you can – and not because it’s the right thing to do.

So many times, I’ve nonchalantly brushed off your actions. So many times, I’ve tried to find the deeper meaning behind your aggressive and unanticipated behaviour. But I never do. And all I’m left with is the feeling that you don’t care about me or anyone else around you and that you’ll blindside us without flinching.
What’s worse is how you always act surprised and incredibly defensive when your motives are questioned – you refuse to take responsibility for your mistakes, and to face the consequences of them. And let me just say; I know sometimes you’re broken inside and that’s why you don’t communicate. But mostly, what it amounts to is pure hate.

I worry about your safety. If you keep living life on the edge and doing what you do without any warning, well, sooner or later, I feel like you’ll bump into the wrong person at the wrong time, and you’ll later regret not listening to me.

Please. See the light. Listen to what I’m trying to say and take notice of those around you – we all have the same mission: to get where we need to be without hurting each other’s feelings. If ever you don't want to be somewhere, then just leave - but please, before you do, communicate with the people that have your back.

I hate how you’ve hurt me and I hope you never do again.


Karl


No comments:

Post a Comment